We are a small-scale Buffalo, NY bakery that believes in real bread at real prices made from real ingredients. We believe in giving back to the community that supports us and sharing our knowledge and enthusiasm through baking workshops.
Local love in every loaf.
Friday, April 2, 2010
SPRING 2010 Bread share!
Some developments happening this spring:
1) The third share will begin on April 29th and run to July 16th.
Thursday (271 Grant St.) 5-7 pm
Friday (153 Eaton St) 5-7 pm
One share is $50 for 12 weeks ($4/loaf).
NEW! Half shares for people who can't finish a whole loaf (1/2 loaf per week or 1 loaf every other week for $25).
We now offer free bicycle delivery if you can't make pick up times. Although, we encourage you to come to pick up if you can, because we like getting to know you. There is no extra charge for delivery, but we do ask that you consider tipping your bread peddler! You can do this by adding a tip to your payment.
2) Now introducing dessert shares. $50 for 12 weeks.
Each week, you will receive a variety of cookies, muffins, and other sweets. Some are one of a kind recipes invented by Delicious herself (or her Italian aunts). Participating in a dessert share will award you the distinct pleasure of tasting some of these desserts below for the first time:
Mauradora's bonkers everything sunshine muffins
Aunt Tina's Long Branch rugelah
3) The Good Neighbor Fund is our subsidy program in which you can voluntarily raise the cost of your own share to offset the cost of someone else's. Be a good neighbor, and help us increase access to healthy food. Add a dollar amount to your share payment. Contribute to the Good Neighbor Fund, and receive a little something fancy at the start of the third share. The more you give, the fancier you'll be.
4) Bread bags. Beginning with the third share, we will charge 10 cents for every plastic bag we give you. We want to encourage you to bring your own bag. To make this easy and fun, we will be selling some very special Fancy and Delicious cloth bread bags at distribution, or by mail.
5) Workshops. Our first official bread baking workshop will take place on Sunday, May 16th at 3 pm. Stay posted for more baking workshops and oven building workshops, later this summer.
If you have any questions, ideas, or comments, or want to reserve your share(s), as always, we look forward to hearing from you.